Tim,
With all due respect, your comment kinda grated on me: Maybe you could help us understand how Chrysler's training/motivation programs equate to a need for unionized labor? In fact, I'd argue to the contrary: While it's important for employers like Chrysler to recognize the value of motivated employees, many non-unionized firms can train and motivate even better because they have a lot more flexibility in how they manage their employees. For example, most of the grocery chains in the D.C. area are unionized. But one chain (Wegmans) is not -- and the visible difference in employee attitude and service is astounding. A friend that left a union chain to work at Wegmans confirms that they treat their employees well, and Wegmans appears to have no trouble attracting better help in direct competition with the unionized firms.

  Rob

----- Original Message ----- From: "TimothyPilgrim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Finally! Someone who understands that there IS a place for unionized
work environments in the 21st century!