We started yesterday on the standard-auto tranny swap between two '84 190Ds.
So far, we're only one bolt away from removing the standard tranny from the
gold car. But we spent all afternoon today on it, and all we accomplished
was to round the corners of the bolt head. I think we're going to un-bolt
the engine mounts from the frame to slide the engine forward, hoping to get
enough room to pound a 6 sided socket onto the bolt, and hopefully get it
loose. If not, we're probably into pulling the engine to get it out. For
those of you who have BTDT, this is the tranny-engine bolt above the top
starter bolt. I thought that this little engine would be easy to work
on/around. Nope - they shrank the chassis to match.
At this rate, we'll be lucky to have one running car at the end of the week.
Hopefuly, we'll learn something as we go, and it'll get easier, but that's
not my track record ---

OK Don