The transmission look quite straightforward to R&R. How difficult is itto line up the trans when installing? Typical or easy or difficult?

Steve

On Mar 17, 2010 10:37am, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:
Jim Cathey wrote:

The suddenness and the fact that you were in drive when it happened

I thought it was that he put it in neutral and then back into

drive with the throttle on. BANG! Then no go...

Right, and if he stuck it in drive, got a bang, then nothing, I'm thinking the linkage is not likely to be the problem. (one way to check would be to shift it in and out of park and see if the shift lever works the parking pawl)

What do you think of my sheared the TQ ears or broke a brake band ideas?

Mitch.