> ....I wonder which is less expensive, and easier to find parts for now -
> a 911
> or an XKE?  Those two, plus the pagoda roofed 280SL made my list --..

A 911, hands down. You can get any part from dozens of suppliers around the
country because of the huge enthusiast base. Find a copy of a recent
Porsche Panorama and look at all the ads inside. My Porsche is 26 1/2 years old
and I could order nearly any part for it tomorrow.

Further, a Porsche can be driven every day, all year, taken to the track
and run hard and it never notices. They are rugged machines when maintained
correctly and seldom break provided their performance envelope is observed.

You could never use an XKE or 113 SL in the same way without plenty of
repairs because they have no significant racing background.

RLE