I used a paint stripper

You should probably recoat the board, since it is made of phenolic resin, which is hygroscopic.

Using a solder sucker (or desoldering braid) and a 25w or smaller iron is a good idea. The old solder and flux isn't the best stuff and is hard to get to reflow and have a good joint as the result. Get the old stuff off and rework it with new solder. (You don't need 100% of it gone but you want at least 80-90% gone so that the new solder doesn't get contaminated)

You should also replace the few electrolytic capacitors that are in there.

I did that with one and then recoated it and it was still going years later when the car got totalled.

I would love to build a bench test rig for the servo and the amp...

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net