Yes, that is one option.  Allows time for a brew and something on the barbie.

Yes I have, I took it to the local mechanic.
Other option is to buy complete assemblies off Rusty, comes with ball joints and rubbers.

Hendrik

Dieselhead wrote:
Jim, Thanks. That is helpful. But I see you used the flame wrench to get the ball joint loose. I don't have a flame wrench available. I'd sure use it if I had it! Not having the torch, I am reluctant to try this myself.

So has anyone changed the 124 (or 201)ball joints without the torch and without the official MB tools?
 (and without the spring compresser)