From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Thomas Savage
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2010 12:05 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Blower motor on a 140

Bill R wrote:
> The blower motor on our 1997 LWB S320 suddenly stopped a few days ago.
> After all the codes were cleared and the fuse changed [it was bad] the
> blower still did not work and the 'check engine' light came back on [it
had
> been on for awhile before this, and returned soon after being cleared].
> am given to understand that most often on the 140's it is the blower
motor,
> though we have not gotten down to the motor itself as yet.

It could be the blower, but the blower motor regulator is a common
failure on the 140.  Not sure if it is a weak part or a lack of
maintenance on the filter, or both.

Testing and replacing the regulator and blower is pretty straightforward
and is overexplained here: http://www.peachparts.com/Wikka/W140BlowerMotor

What code was the check engine light reporting?  You may have two
separate problems.  (Probably do, but I am wrong a lot.)

Tom