I agree wholeheartedly. I don't have any problem stopping it wherever or anywhere between full up and full down; I probably would not even have put it down, but what I need is a SWMBO-proof system. ;<))))))

Meanwhile, it's reassembled and working.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fw: 126 rear window lift again

WILTON wrote:
Maybe I can adjust it so it doesn't go down quite so far or do something to it so it doesn't make that little move inward.

I hope I'm wrong, but I believe the window stops moving when the motor stalls, and the warpage you see is the buildup of stress as the motor hits maximum torque and stops. If so, it might live longer if you leave the window up an inch from the bottom instead of retracting it to the stop.

Mitch.