> > I think you had better define "restore" before you go any further.
>
> .....I was thinking redo the suspension and brakes, redo the interior
> reasonably
> close to stock, weld in new metal over any holes in the body, fill in all
> the
> dings with Bondo, and repaint. And isn't there supposed to be one huge air
> filter with an enclosure so that the three carbs draw from the hood scoop
> instead of from the radiator?
>
> Mitch..

That's repair, not restoration, which means returning the car to factory
new condition. Please note all the Craigslist ads (seen here in great quantity
daily) which use the terms "like new", "mint", "perfect", "show condition"
etc. when none of them apply at all. True restoration is hugely expensive
and very few ordinary cars are worth it. MB or Pontiac.

RLE