From: Fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thu, 15 April, 2010 2:02:48 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Off the topic: Australiana

> Hendrik & Fay wrote:

> Georgia (daughter) would like to know if any of you have heard
> of: Dame Edna Everage or Norman Gunstan and
> how popular were the Crocodile Dundee (Paul Hogan) Movies in
> the US. The team have to do a skit at the FPS conference on
> Australia.

Interesting you should ask.  Last weekend I was with a bunch of
high school and collage aged kids and made reference to Paul
Hogan, ("That's not a knife. This is a knife!"). Blank looks.  I
said. That from the movie "Crocodile Dundee".  No one had heard
of it.  So at least with that group it would not do so well. *smile*

Regarding Edna Everage or Noramn Gunston - I rather doubt the
average person in the USA has any clue who they are.

--  Philip