Yoinks!

I don't think I've ever had mine go down over a gallon but I've had to add 3+
quarts before...

-Curt

Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:16:41 -0400
From: Ed Booher <edboo...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Ed's new ride, was 240D Transmission issue

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 8:30 PM, OK Don <okd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like you need to move checking for air leaks in the fuel lines and
> adjusting the valves to the top of your list - engine mounts won't make it
> hard to start.

I did have a leaky fuel line between the tank and first filter that needed
replaced. That was done a week ago or so.

However, I think one major problem with starting came from having very
little to no oil in the crankcase. I don't know if the leak was faster than
I thought, or if there wasn't much oil in there when I bought the car, but
there was not enough in there on Saturday to wet the dipstick. Added a
little over a gallon of Rotella and now there is *black* oil on the
dipstick. She's been starting a little better ever since.

EdB

--
"I've come to your planet on a Class IV Intergalactic Doom Freighter." -
Adrian Monk