I think oil in mine is black about 2 minutes after starting after an oil change; 'point is it's quick, anyway. ;<)))))

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,53310" <meade.m.dil...@navy.mil>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Ed's new ride, was 240D Transmission issue,now cleaningcrud from tanks

Black oil is normal, it'll look like that about 10 minutes after an oil
change.

Black fuel isn't normal.  Get some biocide at a marine good store (West
Marine) and get several sets of filters from Rusty (two or three big
filters, four or six inline filters).  Carry the tools to change both in
the car, as well as some filters.

Reminds me that I need to check my inline filter, I just changed it and
treated the fuel because the filter was filling up with brown sludgy
stuff.

-Max