I've never driven a 126 car but the 116 car is a wonderful road car. A friend
has two and I've been trying to get him to sell me one for some time now.

-Curt

Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 10:45:58 -0500
From: "R A Bennell" <b...@mts.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] SDL

I think it said 300SDL on the trunk lid but I did not go and specifically look
at it. He told me it was a 3.5
liter. I assumed it was a rod bender but did not mention that to him. Don't
know if he knew and he was so proud of
it that I did not wish to be the bearer of bad news if he did not know. I did
not think that it sounded good at
idle but I am not an expert either on why that might be - lots of variables.

In any event, I would not want to pay what he did for it based on the rod
bender issues. I would rather have the
older 300SD I think.

Randy