Aleph93 wrote:
Thanks for the many replies on the torque converter size, I'm not sure about the pilot. If both trannys were next to each other, it'd be easier to check, though the donor car is a days drive from here, so I'm checking feasibility, sight unseen.

It's an entire donor car?
Then, worst case scenario, you grab the tranny, driveshaft, differential, and speedometer, and you've got everything you need to convert it to a 1984, but aligning the torque converter might be a bit difficult.