How's the height in the rear? If sagging, you may need springs. On my '85 300D, new shocks didn't cure the bouncing, though new springs did.

Rob
Garden Grove, CA

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:40:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: Diesel List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] W201 rear suspension

Talk to me about rear suspension links on my '84 190D. I just got it back from my Indy (runs like a dream BTW) and it needs a couple things before I put it back in service, high on the list being rear suspension work. It DEFINITELY needs shocks, that I'll take care of off the old car, it had new ones relatively recently. It may need rear links too though, I can't really tell because the ass bounces so bad...

On my old car my Indy dinked around replacing a link here and a link there, I
want to just get 'em done and be done with it. How do I test for problems and
then what all do I need on my Rusty list to get the job done whole hog?

Thanks!

-Curt