Walt Zarnoch wrote:
I'm keeping my 89 project truck till it can't be repaired anymore, I see no
reason to switch vehicles every year on a whim.

But, if you worked for an automaker, it wouldn't be a whim, it'd be your duty.
I can just imagine what the folks at Ford headquarters thought of the engineer who drove to work in the $400 VW he bought when he was 16...

At least yours has a USA nameplate on it, but I remember reading about a woman who was refused entry at a UAW picnic because she was driving the Chevy Tracker she bought with her employee discount.

Mitch.