Surprisingly well. Using SATA drives, a DVD burner, NVidia PCIe, all of it off the shelf. Onboard sound works, but the enet and video are DOA. Using USB 802.11n to hook to the Airport Extreme. Dual Monitor off the video card. Hardware is only an issue doing the install of OSX. I have not been able to get Snow Leopard to behave on it yet.

All System Updates load as if on a Mac Pro. All software sees it as a Mac. Using the Dell, you can dual boot into either winblows or OS X. I did not, but one could set up a disk for each OS. There is onboard RAID, but I am not using it.

Clay

On Jun 27, 2010, at 3:30 PM, archer wrote:

A hackintosh 10.5.8 on a dell tower?  Does it work well?
Gerry
From: "redghost" <redgh...@comcast.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT external HDs ?? + bit of benz content.

OS x plays well with hardware that approximates that used in a Mac.
The more off standard you go, the less likely it will install and run
as it should. Large community of hackers out there making all the odd
hardware more compatible.  I am running 10.5.8 on a dell tower.  Many
work around solutions to get fully performance.

Clay