With the buyer coming today (supposedly) I wanted to get the dash and console
out as he wanted them but I want to keep the radio.
To get the dash out I managed to break the dash cap (crap!) as it was glued on
one corner really really well and I put a screwdriver (that I was moving the
glue with) right through it.
Then I couldn't get the steering wheel bolt out. Finally I decided to weld a
nut onto it and turn that since I'd stripped the allen hole some. I couldn't
get the nut welded on well enough so I put a smaller Allen socket into the hole
and WELDED(!) that on. I've never welded so much in one spot before but I
needed to ensure penetration. Then I LEANED into the wrench and out it came
BENDING the socket... Boy I want to tell you there was some pressure involved
there!

Just now I realized that while I was welding I forgot to take off my Blackberry
and managed to get a very small piece of hot slag right through the screen's
outer covering. Doesn't seem to have damaged the screen though. Tough phone.

-Curt