it bent valves.  The head will need to come off.

Kathmandu wrote:
There was an add in the local trading post for a 1998 C220 for $500. The lady who posted the add first thought it was a BMW then said it was a 320E so you can get some idea of whom I am dealing with. She said the C220 had a broken timing belt and didn't run. She said and I quote, "it bent the points and spark plugs and doesn't run" I looked at the car and the body is straight and the interior is not ripped up or anything but it does have a cracked windshield and a broken turn signal lens. Question is, if it did break the timing belt, what sort of damage would likely have occurred and second would this car be worth anything if it were running? I am totally uninterested in this dinky Mercedes myself but I am interested if I could make a few bucks fixing and selling it or even parting it out.

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 94 S500, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 350SDL, 91 300D, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com