One of the problems with the K jet system is false air getting into the manifold, in a worst case scenario a hose can come off allowing too much air into the manifold and the car won't start at all, had this in my Mum's 190E a while back.

Hendrik
who is full of hot air

OK Don wrote:
The 300E has been getting slightly harder to start lately. It fires almost
immediately, then stumbles or dies, I keep cranking for another 2 or so
seconds, then it catches and runs fine.

I first thought it could be low fuel pressure, so waited after turning on
the key, like I do in a Diesel, but this has no effect.  I don;t know if it
does this when hot or not, I only get in and drive half an hour, let it sit
for the day, then drive back. Guess I need to test this aspect.

Is this likely to be a clogged cold-start injector?