First thing to do is to pull off the tube running from a splitter at the intake manifold to the driver side fender, and blow it out with air. That fixes about 90% of the "turbo" problems. I like the price of the repair. (assuming the routing is the same as on 86-87 OM603s)

If that fails, then check the OVP relay behind the battery. The turbo wastegate is the least likely failure.

I had a question about the bad wiring. Was it models made in 1991 or models made in 1990. Bit of a difference there. The car is pretty cherry. No boost rush either wastegate is stuck or OPV is plugged...