From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:09:04 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] More 240D fun

Several years ago, SWMBO and I switched cars one day. 'Bout mid-afternoon,
I was leaving doctor's office on the 350SDL and having a hard time getting
out into the busy street to head home. Finally, there was a slight break in
traffic, and I pulled out and to the left and into the right lane on the
main drag. I knew a pack of cars was coming from the right and now behind
me as I rolled out. I had noticed an ivory 123 leading one of the lanes of
traffic coming from the right. Not wanting to impede traffic, I immediately
"stomped it" as I rolled out in the right lane. Then I glanced in rear view
mirror to make sure I had cleared the herd. Then I realized the ivory 123
no longer bearing down on me in the black cloud behind me was mine. As I
was getting out of the car in my yard a few blocks away, SWMBO pulled up and
parked beside me. As she got out of the car, she exclaimed to me, "That car
SMOKES!" I replied, "Not now."

Wilton