From: "Tim C" <bb...@crone.us>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:25:18 AM
Subject: [MBZ] OT: Wife rear-ended...

...by an 18-wheeler, in our Ford Escape. Kids + wife = okay,
low-speed collision. However, back door is damaged; I assume the
bumper is too. SWMBO doesn't really know what to look for; she said
it still runs so the back end couldn't have been pushed in too far.

Officer (Greensboro PD) estimated damage at <$1000 and therefore did
not file a report, but has a "local report"? Hopefully this doesn't
turn into he-said-she-said, I expect a new back door will be
expensive, having glanced through listings at car-part.

Anyway, anything unusual about dealing with trucker insurance? "Great
West Casualty" wrote the policy. I am hoping it as simple as drop FE
at repair place, get rental, drive until FE repaired, return rental,
pick up FE. Any tricks / things I need to know?

This is not banned, for those of you who may have missed.

Thanks, apologies to concerned for the non-Benz content!
-Tim