Yes, all the current crop of pickups is a case in point. In 1964, a 1/2 ton pickup stood about 3' at the top of the hood, and maybe 5.5' at the top of the cab. Most average people could hand wash it without a ladder. a 3/4 ton was an inch or two higher, and a one ton was another inch higher.

I was recently driving alongside a newish F150, and I looked inside the massive wheelwell and saw the flimsy little Upper control arm on the huge looking truck. (big hat, no cattle)

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Dillon, Meade M CIV