We did the starter button routine on an old Honda that my sister in law had.
The ignition switch had problems and
it was one of those multiple things that controlled all sorts of things so it
was really expenxive. We just set it
up so that you turned the key on and then hit a switch on the side of the dash.
It worked fine for several years.

I had that for the horn on one of my early beater cars too.

I don't think the previous owner knew the car had this problem. The starter did
die just before she was to deliver
it to the dealer but it must have been the first time as the bolts on the
airbox which has to be removed so that
one can get to the starter were quite rusted in place. I broke one trying to
get it out so I don't think it had
been out in some time, if ever.

I also don't think she would have helped me get the car back from the dealer if
she knew it had issues. She had
already traded it in when I ran into her and asked about it. If it was trouble,
I think she would have told me I
should stay away from it. She works in the office next to mine and parks 2 cars
over from me here so I see her all
the time.

Randy