Reminds me of the college bookstore.
They price the 1-liter soda's at 1.50 with the tax factored in, and
the 12oz at 1.25 with tax factored in. The vending machines have em at
1.50 for the 12oz ones.

Needless to say, the bookstore flat-out schools the vending machines
in profit on soda, even though the price is lower. The kid who sets
the prices agrees that selling more volume at a lower per-unit profit
is a lot better than selling low volume at a higher per-unit profit,
since you end up getting more sales in the end.

Walt