> Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310 wrote:

> OK, so how does one balance the springs?  I think that I have
> a copy of the installation manual that I can dig up, and
> Google knows all, but maybe someone knows the
> clever/quick/efficient way to get it done.

The way I did it - on my 16ft wide door (too big, in my opinion
- but that's what was there)

 * Disconnected the electric opener
 * While moving it by hand
    * watch and feel all the way through the travel.
    * adjust the tension on one or the other spring.  I don't
      know what the correct installation is for those spring,
      but mine are hooked to solid frame at one end and cabled
      to a pulley at the other end.  Changing the length of
      the cable changes the tension.
 * repeat until satisfied, frustrated, or out of time
 * reconnect the electric opener and test

--    Philip