> ...Original cars are always worth more, and will increase in value faster
> as a collector car.  An original interior with a bit of wear is worth more
> than a replacement one.  Same with paint, etc.  This concept may sound
> crazy to some who think restored=good. In reality, unrestored=good. Over
> time,
> restorations fade and the shortcuts become obvious.  An original car, kept
> well, will always hold value in all markets....

Well now, wait a minute. Your comments apply only to a very narrow portion
of the collector car market and almost always apply to a significant car
with verifiable provenance. For example, I saw a barn-find Jag XKE at a
Monterey auction some time back that supposedly was either an early factory
prototype (or maybe a significant racing history, can't remember which) which
looked like it had been out in the woods for decades. Not even cleaned up in
any
significant way and it sold for an astonishing amount. In the last few
years, the idea of unmolested patina has interested a certain segment of buyers
but it only applies to cars with an important and verifiable history.
Something raced by Juan Fangio or a LeMans winner etc. It certainly does not
apply
to an ordinary production car that one might expect to actually drive
someplace. I'm also not referring to what's been offered at Barrett-Jackson of
late, either.

I claim some hands-on knowledge here, having spent nearly fifteen years of
my life working with my friend SJB restoring three significant collector
cars to factory original 100% correct condition. His money, our time and I
enjoyed it immensely.

I'm thinking your definition of "restored" vs mine differs a bit.

RLE