From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of MG
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:22 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300SD feel every bump

Speaking of the control valve. Does anyone happen to have one for a
early 80,s 300TD? Doesn't have to work as I want to see what they are
like inside. Mine may be none functional.

Manfred

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 21:50:49 -0400

Does your model have hydraulic level control?  If so and the spheres are
shot (they always go eventually), it will feel like a rigid (no shocks
no
springs) back end.  The good news is spheres are not that expensive.
The less-good news is replacement (job 32-620) is a messy.  The bad news
is you can screw up some expensive parts (like struts and the control
valve) if you
drive too long with failed spheres.