> ...Possible, that's why I need to explore.
> Had something similar in my Mums 190E, the brake sensor had partially
> come out of it's hole and there was still a good 1/3 of the pad left
> when the light came on...

Next time you're driving, look down to see if your left foot is on the
brake pedal.

I don't see how you could wear down to the sensor in less that 10K miles,
anyway. Even my 201s which ate pads were getting 14K miles on the fronts and
27K miles on the rears. Thank God those days are gone forever. 40K miles+ is
the new normal.

Does the low fluid level warning use the same lamp, thinking of the rear
half of the reservoir?

RLE