Still not sure; the front of the oil pan is shaped strangely and has
an odd texture, so I am guessing it was repaired sometime in its life.
 I had scraped it leaving the parking lot at lunch, but I didn't have
any drop in oil pressure; my current theory is that the bump knocked
something loose, and the oil pressure happened to keep something in
the hole driving home.  As the engine cooled, pressure dropped, bit
loosened, and oil came out.  Hopefully I will know more when I get it
off, I've only had the car for two months so I'm still getting it
broken in (nyuck nyuck).

All in all it was good that it died at home, aside from the annoyance
of having parked myself in and having to mulch the driveway; much
better than losing oil at highway speed and maybe not noticing
immediately.  Just wish I'd parked on the street like I usually do. :)

Thanks,
-Tim