You may be right.  About $150 difference (~2 hours labor) between one
side complete assembly and all the repair kits/parts for same.

-Max

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Peter Frederick
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 12:38 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] LBJ woes

It will be cheaper to replace the lower control arm -- that will include
new bushings, new ball joints and is a quick swap compared to the chore
or swaging in the new bushings and pressing in and out a new ball joint.

You will get eaten by the labor doing the replacement parts vs the whole
control arm.

You will have to get a front end alignment anyway.

Peter