I would look for clues in the door, but it is possible that a wire going through the door into the body pillar might be work hardened to the breaking point. The relay is possible. Bear in mind that BOTH windows are on the same fuse. Have you put in a new fuse?

While taking the door upholstery apart on my newly acquired '85 300TD in order to use rust converter and undercoating/rustproofing on the interior of the doors, I started with the LF door the other day and the electric windows for this door and the RR door stopped working after reassembly. I figured it may be the ice cube size window relay up behind the instrument cluster, as I had this problem with my '84 300D some years ago and unplugging and replugging this relay resolved the problem. But since there doesn't seem enough room to get my paws in behind the instrument cluster to disconnect the speedometer, oil pressure line, and electrical connector in order that I may remove the instrument cluster and deal with the window relay. I pulled the LF door upholstery back off today in order to check the electric window ground and voltage. Ground is good and, when I was measuring the voltage across the terminal block on the door the electric window motor was making some faint noises as if it was trying to operate. I thought that to be odd, disconnected my voltmeter and operated the LF electric window switch and the bloody window operated. I checked the RR window and it operated as well. I reassembled the LF door upholstery and you guessed it, the LF and RR windows are inoperative again. Clue(s)? TIA.

G. M. Brown