We had an '73 Euro 450SL. Drove/rode like a dream, poured some $$ into it to
make it even better. When we had to sell, we lost money. Needed $$ fast, so
couldn't wait for the right buyer.

But a w123 ANYTHING will NEVER be WORTH more than a w107. There are millions of
123s all over the world, in every combination imaginable to man, and most never
seen here in the States.

Your local seller is dreaming......or just doesn't want to sell it. You could
buy a '90s Rolls sedan for around $10k if you know where to look. Why spend
almost 5x that much on something you'd be afraid to drive, due to the cost?

Muscle-cars are a whole other ballgame entirely. That type of buyer will always
have more $$ than sense.

I'd take an 87 560SL for $7800 any day of the week, and just put the top down &
enjoy it. I'm not one who cares about resale value, on something I own, nor buy
a particular vehicle just to be able to sell it later for more than I paid. Not
who I am.