Thanks to Peter, DH, David, and Fred. Got it turned off. Now to try and get "mail" connected to the ISP again.
Gerry
On Oct 22, 2010, at 9:40 AM, Gerry Archer wrote:
MacBook (Leopard) connects the search engine to the ISP fine. After setting up mail so it will connect to the ISP, it refused. When I tried to shut down the computer, it refused to shut down because mail was still active. Tried everything I could think of to shut down computer, but nothing worked. The only solution I can find is to let the computers battery run down, or take the battery out of the computer. Anyone have a better solution?
Thanks,
Gerry