Wonder if you could snake a piece of tubing down into the drain plug area through one of the ports on the front of the engine and then suck out the remaining water/AF?
I once used a heater that was installed in the bottom radiator hose (IIRC) in a '67 200D. It worked well in a high mileage engine in Florida where the temperature never got below the 20F's.
Gerry
'83 300D and 240D
From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>
Last one I did was on an OM616 out of the car. 5-6 feet didn't do it and trying to hold the engine down to counter the cheater was a real problem. I tried the flame wrench also. Ended up with a 4 pounder and a big chisel, after the flame wrench and 6 feet of cheater didn't work. The plug was literally beat to pieces before it was out

Curt Raymond wrote:
Based on the big fun Jim Cathey had doing the Frankenheap's block heater I bought mine from Rusty but will let my Indy do the install...

Actually it depends, if I end up taking the 240D to camp this weekend I'll have a local Indy there do it for half my regular guy's labor rate.

I bet it's not a bad job at all if you own a 36" breaker bar and can stand under the car.

Mitch.

-----
No virus found in this message.