Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 22:13:25 -0500
From: Fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Glow plug conversion Q.

> Curt Raymond wrote:

> Good diagrams!

Thanks :)  I make money doing that sort of thing so I ought to
be decent at it.

> Mine is like the bottom example already, as I said originally
> the ground wire at the end is NOT attached to anything, its
> just hanging there.

If there is only one electrical connection on each plug, those
are _NOT_ series plugs.

And if any of them work at all with the ground strap
disconnected, those are _NOT_ series plugs.  Series plugs would
be totally disabled (all 4 of them) with the ground strap off.

#2 mimics the way Mercedes built their parallel system. It also
#avoids having to use a huge wire to the first one.

To get the equivalent of a 12 AWG wire to each done up the way
shown in #3 it would require:
6 AWG from the relay to cyl 4
7 AWG from cyl 4 to cyl 3
9 AWG from cyl 3 to cyl 2