The left rear bushing (supporting link, pdf 35-114) on the lower control arm
(spring link) of the '92 300D is squeeking loudly wiht any motoin at all. I
thought it was going to be one of the other four links, but it's clearly the
bottom one that the spring sits on. To R&R this bushing, and the inside one,
the spring needs to come out. Do I remember correctly that if you reomve the
shock, there is enough movement to let the spring fully extend, so you don't
need the spring compressor?

I did try to reomve the bolt through the outer bushing (supporting link) -
puonded on it with a 4# hammer and brass rod, but it didn't move at all. I
can rotate it a bit, can't slide it out. I was going to just look at the
bushing, and perhaps lube it till I can replace it - but no joy. I might
take this job to a shop and let the young gorillas fight with it.

--
OK Don
2001 ML320