............. I'll stick to the FSM...

-Rolf

On 11/20/2010 08:31 AM, Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310 wrote:
Curt,

Try this before anything else: self-bleed the clutch!   Put the car into first
gear, pointed in a safe direction to start driving (i.e. out into the street,
hopefully with no traffic or very light traffic).  Let out clutch pedal, and
don't touch it for the next five minutes.  Ensure MC reservoir is full full
full!

Glow, and start the car, leaving the transmission in gear.  Drive around in
first gear for five minutes or so.  After a couple of minutes, gingerly test
the clutch pedal for firmness - if it goes to the floor, be prepared to pull it
back to upright position (it will not self-bleed if pedal depressed, must be in
upright position to open the port in the MC to allow fluid to freely flow
to/from the reservoir).

Check the MC reservoir when done to see if you need to top it up.

You may need to start the car in neutral and let it warm up a bit before trying
this to make sure it will start in gear.  Reverse would bleed just as well
except not as easy to drive around in reverse for five minutes.

I've successfully used this method on a 123 and a 201, and I've never had to use the
"official" method of hooking a hose between front right brake caliper and
clutch slave bleeder, opening both bleeders, and then pump the brakes to circulate fluid
through the clutch circuit.

-Max