Well I feel kinda silly and grateful at the same time.  I checked the fuses,
and the monovalve operation and everything looked good.  I went ahead and
changed the oil and filter and checked the water level in the overflow tank and
it was low.  I added about 3/4 of a gallon of water and took it out for test
drive and  heating system worked properly.
Thanks for time and ideas.

Mike

On Nov 27, 2010, at 11:30 PM, Michael Esh wrote:

> Andrew and Don,
> Thanks for the input, I will check both tomorrow and report back.
>
> Mike
> On Nov 27, 2010, at 9:33 PM, andrew strasfogel wrote:
>
>> Perhaps 1) the temperature regulator has gone bad or 2) the foam hose has
>> disinterated behind the glove box that connects the air temp. sensor intake
>> (little grate on top of the dash) with the climate control system.  .
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 8:35 PM, OK Don <okd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It sounds to me that you need to re-solder the PB circuit board -
>>> particularly where the buttons and the temp wheel are connected. I'm
>>> guessing a joint is broken a,d connecting intermittently.

>>> car.
>>> 60
>>> and
>>> the