From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com on behalf of Dieselhead
Sent: Wed 11/24/2010 8:45 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Clutch bleed procedure?

The 110 diesels would self bleed if you just opened the bleed screw a
little.  When it dripped a steady stream, close the bleeder.  I
usually tried then to let is sit overnight in case any lil air
bubbles are trapped inside.  Apparently the tube routing is more
complicated on 123 and newer cars.  Plus if the master is adjusted
per the procedure Max posted, it can't self bleed.  It probably would
if you adjusted the eccentric so that the fluid WOULD flow up into
the master.  That should allow self-bleeding, except maybe the slave,
depending on how it is oriented.

Concur, that's why I recommended and successfully have used the
procedure that Marshall Booth promoted: allow it to self bleed by
driving around in first gear for a few minutes.  Worked great on a 123
and a 201.

-Max