Peter Frederick wrote:
Marshall:

The servo was a very tight fit in the cover, so we may have distorted it a bit going it. I think I checked it for proper operation before installing it, but don't remember, and I fumbled the cover putting it on so it dropped down to the floor -- not much room back there on a W115.
<SNIP>
On the 601 you must have had it hooked on the front side of the lever instead of pin-through-hole -- at least I seem to remember a pin and a hole on that servo.

Thanks for the insight.

Marshall

'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi