On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Rich Thomas
<richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> wrote:
> I think it was our late MB who said 15W50 was perfectly fine, as long as you
> CHANGE YOUR OIL at the proper intervals.  I use it in the diesels.

I think Marshall recommended 15W40 dino juice, and it's specified by
M-B for the '80s gassers I'm familiar with, too (and probably others).
 If you want to simplify your life, or at least the part that involves
changing oil, just buy a few gallons of Delo 400 15W40 whenever it's
on sale and use it in everything.  (Except for the many late-model
cars people have mentioned that require 0Wsomething.  Which I suspect,
apart from Mercedes and Porsche, is probably a cynical way by the
manufacturer to improve CAFE numbers, with the expectation that the
increased wear caused the engine by a thinner oil doesn't make a
difference until the car is long out of warranty.)

Alex