From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Dieselhead
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 10:33 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] M115 2.2 strange distributor lockup

What are you looking for?  It is really simple.  take off the cap and
rotor.
take out the points.  I am assuming yours has the condenser external.
Un hook the vacuum advance and remove it from the side.
At this point, I can't remember exactly, there may be a c or E clip
around the shaft, or perhaps the points plate just lifts out At that
point, you should see the mechanical advance.  I am pretty sure it is
held in with a C or E clip.

There is an upper bearing and a lower bearing.  I think from MB these
are NLA, but any machine shop can fit new ones.  Any play you can see or
feel is too much.

The gear comes off the shaft, and the shaft comes out the top.