David Brodbeck wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:05:27 -0500, Marshall Booth wrote
Pulling in one direction or the other is SELDOM the tire!

It's either a tire or a major coincidence.  The car went straight before the
tires were rotated, and the pull switched sides when the tires were switched.
 Given that, what else could it be?

Sure sounds like a tire if swapping tires cures it. Almost all of my experience is that if the car pulls in one direction, without other symptoms, it's rarely the tire. If the pull follows the tire, however, then even if tires usually don't cause the problem, I'd indict the tire/wheel.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi