Walt Zarnoch wrote:
That's the one!
I'm glad laserdisc won out, or we'd be in the stone age still... Was all
before my time, but it helped shape life as I know it.

I've toyed with the idea of using a record cutter as a way to hide data in
plain sight, dump a low-baud modem into it, dump the data(with some ecc) to
it, then frame it on the wall.

The things I think of when bored...

I've got a Wilcox-Gay Recordio, but I doubt that very many others have a vinyl recording system at home. It was my grandmother's. I was aghast when I saw it up for auction at her estate sale, along with 3-4 dozen discs that nobody knew what was recorded on them. I didn't really want it, but I couldn't let the discs go. If I'd known about it before the sale, I would have tried to fire it up before the sale and see what was on the discs, then let it go to auction with any blank discs we had.

Mitch.