On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:36:07 -0500 "Scott Ritchey" <ritche...@nc.rr.com>
wrote:

> Here's my question:  Has anyone dissembled a 126 heater system and can
> describe how those two floor heat flaps mechanically connect to the bell
> crank?

I'm sorry, Scott, I have not disassembled a 126 heater system. I do,
however, have a picture of a W116 with the dash removed that shows the
kind of stuff that is there. It's attached.

> Everything else works fine so I don't want to risk tearing my dash and
> HVAC apart unless I'm pretty sure I can fix the problem.

Yes, you would hate to go to all that trouble and not be able to fix it.

> As a work-around, in the past I just used a piece of wood to block those
> flaps open during the winter.

That sounds like an expedient fix. Why not continue to use it for awhile
more?

Craig