It depends on who you were calling, but for the most part the support for their
professional applications (FCP, Logic, etc.) have been lacking, IMHO.

I have always gone through a reseller both for certification and support.
These guys are usually on the front lines with the apps and are the ones who
sold them to begin with.  That being said, they typically (from my experience)
have a lot more "real world" experience with the applications and are a lot
more savvy when it comes to things that are out of the norm.

I am a certified HP tech, too, and while Apple has always done well with their
consumer product support, HP does a really good job with their enterprise
stuff, which is their bread and butter.

At least Apple doesn't ship their support overseas.... if I get someone who
does not seem to have English as their native language when I call HP, I ask
for someone who does...

Dan

MacDan