OK Don wrote:
Reduced cam follower wear? Only reason I can think of --

It's been reported (rather frequently) that the use of Mobil synthetics
will reduce the need for valve adjustment (but I don't know why that
might be). I KNOW it reduces timing chain wear (I've measured that) by
about half and I understand why, but I can't figure out why it would
reduce the need to adjust valves.

Marshall

As intake valves wear they get tighter - can't be cam follower wear any way I can imagine!

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi