From: "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu>

"Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com> writes:

That's good to know that the IT guys are using it.  It's worked
flawlessly for me for a number of years, and MS Security Essentials is
mainly a firewall according to the security file on the WinXP control
panel which wants you to have an antivirus program installed as well.
No problems so far running the two together.

MS Security Essentials is not a firewall, it's an antivirus program.  If
you've installed it, not sure why XP would think that you still need an
antivirus program; XP does pre-date it, but we have it on XP here at the
house and get no complaints from the system that we don't have antivirus.
Allan
1983 300D
To make a long story short, I thought the download had automatically
installed like MS upgrades do, and since AVG was turned off, it would
install under virus protection in Windows Security Center.  Since it didn't
I thought it had installed under Firewall. Finally found the file under
"documents and settings\gerry.....".  Now, since AVG refuses to uninstall,
I've got to poke around and remove it one file at a time.  Oh, well.
Thanks Allan,
Gerry